Re: i know cary millsap is super smart but...

From: Adam Musch <ahmusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:37:18 -0500

I would think so, from a certain point of view. Each core is reported to the OS as a CPU, and that's what you should use at it pertains to the rule of 2. So if you have two cpus each with four course, your rule of 2 number would be 8.
The underlying mathematics of queuing theory still remain the same.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Josh Collier <Josh.Collier_at_banfield.net>wrote:

> This paper is 13 years old, is it still valid in the era of quad core
> processors?
> Batch Queue Management and the Magic of '2'
> Cary Millsap/Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.

Adam Musch
ahmusch_at_gmail.com