Re: 11gR2 Standby Database : Throttle Archive logs

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:43:49 +0530

Well said, DELAY parameter can lag when applying. Then Bala should consider to tune the unit of data you sending/receving by configuring SDU size. And the socket buffer size can be configured in sqlnet.ora file and the value can be estimated by using the formula "Socket buffer size = 3 * (Bandwidth Speed) * (RTT)" . If you configure socket buffer size it will applicable to all incoming connections.
Apart from that you can also configure in each Oracle net service as below. Standby =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (RECV_BUF_SIZE=11718750)
    (SEND_BUF_SIZE=11718750)
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 111.111.11.11)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = Standby)

   )
  )

For more details you can check the document http://www.oracle.com/au/products/database/maa-wp-10gr2-dataguardnetworkbestpr-134557.pdf

Also refer below link for "*Network Bandwidth Implications of Oracle Data Guard *"
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/dataguardnetwork-092224.html

But this may not work exactly in your enviornment, Because you would like to increase in offpeak hours, decrease shipment in peak hours.

Thanks & Regards,
Nassyam Basha.

--
Thanks & Regards,