Re: 11gR2 Standby Database : Throttle Archive logs

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:26:27 -0400

So essentially you want to do it manually? don't put the db in recovery mode, ship archive logs when you can, register them on standby, recover as much as you can and them stop recovery. lather. rinse. repeat. as necessary. It is lot of scripting and/or manual work but I don't know any automated way otherwise.
In DG you can lag behind primary but I think it applies to logapply process not to logship process. I could be wrong, but I think that is how it is.

Raj