Re: shared pool latching issue and missing time in trace file

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:21:00 +0200

Hi Sigrid,

without going into the time details: In any case looking similar, I'd always check for child cursor issues. Having lots of children for one SQL, can cause heavy library cache lookup concurrency.

I had a presentation on this on Collaborate and OOW 2012, maybe you want to have a look:
http://www.usn-it.de/index.php/2012/09/30/oracle-open-world-resolving-child-cursor-issues-resulting-in-mutex-waits/

I'm always interested in details and cases, so can you please tell us your DB version, and what v$session and v$sql_shared_cursor looks like?

BR
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de