RE: auto start a data guard physical standby Oracle 11.2

From: Patterson, Joel <jpatterson_at_entint.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:21:06 -0400

I have opened a service request on this issue, and like I expected they are dragging their feet because nobody but an expert knows these things, and I am fairly sure I have a front line analyst.

His first response was you did not need a data guard license. I told him to check the manual around the section where it speaks to opening the database read only. That is all I have to go on at the moment. If I had the exact page, I would give it to him... But after all, he does work for oracle does he not?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 928-2790

--
Joel Patterson
Sr. Database Administrator | Enterprise Integration

http://www.entint.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enterprise-Integration/212351215444231 http://twitter.com/#!/entint http://www.linkedin.com/company/18276?trk=tyah http://www.youtube.com/user/ValueofIT

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use
of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential,
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this
message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be
monitored. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. [v.1.1]