Re: Running time of index rebuild

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:00:08 -0400

I may be wrong, but wouldn't you need a whole new temporary segment for rebuild in addition to existing index? so you might actually use more space until rebuild operation is complete. And if you have maintenance window, why not just drop old one and re-create? So the new index will reuse recently freed space as well?
Raj