Re: Upgrade from RHEL to OEL

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 20:39:48 -0500

Hi Jeff,
OEL includes two kernels, the "Oracle Enterprise Unbreakable" kernel, and the RHEL compatible kernel. I imagine it really would be that simple if you're going to use the RHEL kernel. The following links should help you weigh the pros and cons of each.

http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/027617.pdf http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/linux/uek-for-linux-177034.pdf

I hope this helps.

-Justin