Re: On-lining ASM Disk Groups

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:28:40 -0300

alter diskgroup <diskgroup name|all> MOUNT; is the correct command to online disks. You need to look at the alert log for the ASM instance to find out why the online command failed.

you may also want to have a look at the startup order for ASM, asmlib, multipath.

If this doesn't give you the answer, please describe how you installed this environment, which version you are using, whether you are using multiple version on the same ASM, how the disks are configured and presented to ASM as well as the portions of the alert log for the database and ASM instances starting a few minutes before the crash and spanning until the service was restored.

hth
Cheers

Alan.-