Re: error from opatch installing Apr 2013 PSU

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 07:53:40 -0500

Yes, orainstall has access to the directory. Thanks for the input though. I once spent several hours tracking down exactly that sort of ownership problem down, until I realized I had unzipped the patch as root rather than Oracle. The highly useful (sarcasm on) error message from opatch was 'patch not applicable'.

--
Andrew W. Kerber