RE: Grid control rman backup not deleting old backups or archive logs

From: Schauss, Peter (ESS) <"Schauss,>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 18:13:32 +0000

Joel,

We are backing up to a SAN drive and using TSM to backup the files off line. (This is a relatively small database, about 65 gb, so we are not doing incrementals.

  • Peter Schauss

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Schauss, Peter (ESS) Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:19 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Grid control rman backup not deleting old backups or archive logs

This is Oracle 11.2.0.3 running on Windows Server 2003 v 5.2 SP2 (64 bit), Grid Control 11g.

Under backup settings -> policy I specified:

        Retain at least 2 backups
        Retain archived redo logs after they have been backed up twice.
        I also specified backup of the control file and verified from the log files that it is being backed up.

Under schedule backup I specified a customized backup, checking off datafiles and archived logs.

I am using the control file as the repository.

I tested my backup by cloning the database from the backup set. (Was that a valid test?)

Looking at the folders where the backups and archive logs are stored, I see that the job is not deleting the backups and archive logs older than 2 days. On my UNIX servers my rman script does this automatically. Do I have to create a separate Grid Control job for this?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 29 2013 - 20:13:32 CEST

Original text of this message