Grid control rman backup not deleting old backups or archive logs

From: Schauss, Peter (ESS) <"Schauss,>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:18:34 +0000

This is Oracle 11.2.0.3 running on Windows Server 2003 v 5.2 SP2 (64 bit), Grid Control 11g.

Under backup settings -> policy I specified:

	Retain at least 2 backups
	Retain archived redo logs after they have been backed up twice.
	I also specified backup of the control file and verified from the log files that it is being backed up.

Under schedule backup I specified a customized backup, checking off datafiles and archived logs.

I am using the control file as the repository.

I tested my backup by cloning the database from the backup set. (Was that a valid test?)

Looking at the folders where the backups and archive logs are stored, I see that the job is not deleting the backups and archive logs older than 2 days. On my UNIX servers my rman script does this automatically. Do I have to create a separate Grid Control job for this?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss