Re: add dummy rows

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:44:11 +0100

Generally "timestamp with local timezone" is a simple move for collecting the data - although it does have some irritating consequences. Oracle stores the data with a type flag that identifies the requirement for local time on output, but records the value in the databases in UTC (or GMT as I like to call it).

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)
http://www.apress.com/9781430239543

If you have to restore Oracle to a point in time during the 1am hour the second time the 1am hour has rolled by, time is not normally the reference, but something like the SCN number. If you restore to SCN corresponding to 1:30am, Oracle knows what time it is.... So do you mean the underlying monochromatically increasing clock, is like the julian type clock oracle uses.... (but I think those times roll back and repeat). It seems that you need an extra field... like an SCN to keep the time part straight? No?