Re: add dummy rows

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:10:12 +0100

The simple partition outer join doesn't solve the generic version of your problem.

  1. On the day you switch back from DST the output should "lose" an hour - partition outer join will re-insert it (though with null data)
  2. On the day with the switch if you have input values for BOTH occurrences of 2 am you're okay, but if it appears only once then partition outer won't generate the second row you need, and if 2:00 am doesn't appear at all partition outer will only generate one row of the two you need.

In passing - how are you going to get the two versions of 2:00 am in the right order on the switch ?

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)