Re: partitiong on timestamp with local timezone data type

From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:03:21 +0200

I may have missed something, but if you know the timezone of each record, why don't you insert it as UTC ? (which means that then you don't need to *store* the timezone)
You can always adjust time when you retrieve data if you want to see it displayed in the server's local time. And it's probably easier to adjust that way if data is queried across the web by users in different timezones (retrieve the TZ offset of the user in Javascript in the browser, send it to the server, et voilà).
--
Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>