Re: the joy of version numbers

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:33:12 +0100

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin_at_gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> (I am not going to rant today about all the log, trace, etc. files in the
> diag and flash_recovery_area directories that never get cleaned up
> automatically by the database, RMAN or by the EM.)

Now now, you probably just haven't waited long enough and/or been brave enough. A significant number of DIAG_DEST files only get cleaned out after a year, by default, and oracle will automatically clean up files from the FRA only if a) it is configured correctly to do so and b) it is desperately short on space. :)

EM's (I guess actually Weblogic) file management could be significantly simplified I agree.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info