RE: Lockdown database privs question

From: Freeman CTR Donald <donald.freeman.ctr_at_usmc.mil>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:55:11 -0400

I encountered problems trying to do this. In order to be compliant I had to "remove unused features." I did. I now have a lot of invalid objects in various schemas that won't compile because there are hooks into other Oracle modules that are no longer there. I also did the "revoke from public" thing which even Grid Control identifies as a critical policy alert. After I did that the patches and cpu's started failing. Oracle has a lot of code that doesn't explicitly reference objects for which they have granted permissions to public.