RE: Prevent ASM from using any hugepages

From: Oleksandr Denysenko <odenysenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:43:13 +0300

Mark,
It's 10.2 so no AMM...

Oleksandr Denysenko

17.05.2013 22:39 пользователь "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com> написал:

> Chris,
>
> Just use AMM (MEMORY_TARGET) for ASM, and it *can't* use hugepages.
 That's the default set up, anyhow. So, just install ASM and forget it, and it won't touch any hugepages.

> That's how I have all my boxes set up.
>
> I have to add:
>
> Just got back from GLOC, had some discussions about hugepages with a few
folks. Still surprises me how many people don't bother with hugepages!

> My three rules about hugepages are as follows:
>
> 1.) If you're not using hugepages, you're doing it wrong. Period.
 (Yes, ok, for very tiny databases and low loads, it may not be worth the time. But, what if that database gets busier over time? Just get used to doing it on all your databases.)