Re: Appliances

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 12:43:26 -0300

I've had the chance to play with an ODA or two, sadly no exadata yet... (at least not the cool stuff... just imports and adding tablespaces :P). I like the appliances... I don't know whether I like them because of the fact that they are 100% dedicated hardware and most importantly storage for the database, which makes it blazing fast or whether there is actual value in the appliance. Deploy time is a lot faster, since half the stuff is already done, and it makes standardization rather easy. to be honest, if you can afford it and have a big/busy enough database, it's completely worth it.

Alan.-