Re: Serious listener problem - can anyone help?

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:41:06 +0100

On 10/05/13 18:35, David Barbour wrote:
> Probably not the answer, but you may have an extra slash in your oratab
> entry.

You get the prize along with _at_martinberx on Twitter! It was indeed an extra slash in oratab.

The solution is as follows:

  1. Shut down liatener and database using current oratab versions - with extra slash.
  2. Edit oratab, remove trailing slash from Oracle Homes.
  3. Restart listeners. restart databases.
  4. Connect via listener, it works perfectly.

An extra trailing slash, for crying out loud.

My deepest thanks to everyone who took p[art in this problem solving exercise. I spend the best part of today on it, you guys toom mere minutes. I am humbled by your awsome-ness!

Thanks all.

Cheers,
Norm.

--