Re: Serious listener problem - can anyone help?

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:35:37 +0100

On 10/05/13 18:28, Hans Forbrich wrote:
> As you know, that 'shared memory' thing is usually the combination of
> ORACLE_HOME & ORACLE_SID to which the listener resolves the service.
>
> Not happy about the listener reporting status 'UNKNOWN' for the instance
> - means you are manually registering via the listener.ora, which leads
> me to suspect the ORACLE_HOME setting in that registration.
yes, we use static registration for all the listeners on that server. But, as I mentioned, I checked all the Oracle Homes etc. (At least, that's what I thought - see a later reply!)

> Afterthought, low likelyhood: Is there a firewall that might be blocking
> the connection redirect port 12633?

Thanks Hans. Good points. However, this listener is on the server that the database is on, and also, where the client attempting to use the database is situated too.

There is no firewall.

Cheers,
Norm.

--