Re: Partitioning in the Oracle EBS

From: Karth Panchan <keyantech_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 12:28:49 -0400

I worked in place where EBS data want to be outputted to down stream reporting database.

To support this custom schema was created and output data staged there. All tables are partitioned monthly with active & archive sub partition.

Once downstream consumed data goes to archive partition.

Partition was done here to manage data and improve performance EBS custom batch job. Also it helped to improve downstream extract.

None of the EBS tables were touched as it makes Oracle support & upgrade more complicated.

HTH
Karth