TEMP tablespace restricted to schemas

From: Apps DBA <dbaorapps_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 18:58:08 +0530

Hi Gurus,
I have a problem in 11.2.0.3 version database where I allocated 4 different temp tablespaces to 4 different schemas other than default tablespace to ensure schemas must use their sort space and error if it reaches out. But I see nothing happening in that where several other schema's sorting is taking place in all tablespaces. I had an advice from Sriram (freelists group) in referring the below blog, but will it solve my purpose in having temporary tablespace groups for schema based sortarea restrictions.

I have created TEMP_1, TEMP_2, TEMP_3, TEMP_4 for dedicated schema owners. TEMP_1
is used by multiple users.

TABLESPACE_NAME

TEMP
TEMP_3
TEMP_2
TEMP_1
TEMP_4

Basically, I have big trasacations failing due to global default temp space, adding to the same TEMP is not helping since application teams are looking for some short term fix until they tune thier queries. Please advice if any.

Thanks,
Shankar

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 08 2013 - 15:28:08 CEST