Re: Hash Partition in OLTP with VPD

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 09:43:28 +0530

Hi,
Some questions
  1. Understand that you are re-archtecting the platform. do you see hash partition creating problems?.
  2. What is the usecase for partitioning the tables?.
  3. Hash partition performs best when you have a fairly distributed key (say generated out of a sequence). How is the partitioning key in your scenario?. you could check the number of records by partition to see if you have uniform balance.
  4. how does VPD fit in your partitioning scheme?

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar