Re: Are hash sub-partitions balanced?

From: <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 09:29:54 -0600

Of course, if the data is very skewed then there is no way the distribution across the hash (sub)partitions can be even. Think of an extreme case. If there is just one distinct value for the partitioning column all rows will hash to the same partition and all the other partitions will receive 0 rows, no matter what hash function you apply.

On Thu, 2 May 2013 11:23:54 -0400, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com> wrote: Followup. So we loaded some skewed data and tihs is a rolliup from my

  --
Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation