RE: Performance with SCAN listener in 11g RAC

From: TJ Kiernan <tkiernan_at_pti-nps.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:21:28 -0500

Does the timing of your test include establishing the connection, or are your connections already established?

If establishing a connection through SCAN takes any significant amount of time more than a direct connection to the instance, then I'd take a hard look at CPU utilization first.

If your connections are already established and running your query varies from one run to the next, I'd set autotrace on and look at physical vs logical IO between the 2 sessions.

Thanks,
T. J.