Re: Performance with SCAN listener in 11g RAC

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 11:20:15 -0300

Did you run a trace on all the sessions? are you sure the query is exactly the same and that the generated plan is the same? are you clearing the buffer cache between runs? this sounds like the second result is cached and therefore faster...
and to answer your question, no, there is no guideline for stats gathering in RAC vs single instance, the differences are usually somewhere in the application logic (stuff that manages concurrency) or the data model design.

hth

Alan.-