RE: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 19:27:57 -0500

Maybe there for future uses, or maybe a specific configuration for our environment limiting it to 255 and other clients of theirs use more than 255. Regardless, I can see where someone could make the decision to use an NCLOB for something like "comments" so more than 4000 characters could be used. Just don't know the reason behind it being there right now. I'm sure they have a good reason ;-)

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_verizon.net
Cell: 214.695.8605