Re: Oracle 11gR2 on AIX PowerHA 7.1

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 18:00:31 -0300

This will change from system to system, but the solution I've seen most often implemented on AIX is a single node install on each member of the cluster on a static filesystem and then the database itself stored in a cluster filesystem (that is a regular filesystem that will be mounted in the 'active' node). So yeah, Oracle's answer is right, it works and it works well. There are a few caveats, like having the spfile in the cluster filesystem and keeping the password file replicated. PowerHA should take care of starting the instance after the filesystem is mounted in the active node.
Additionally, I usually set up a floating IP address and have the listener use that address so I don't have to set up a complicated TNSNAMES on the clients/app servers.

hth
Cheers,

Alan.-