Re: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:40:02 -0700

SecureFiles is part of Oracle Database 11g, and does not require you to license any options. If you want to compress and/or deduplicate your SecureFiles LOBs, then you need to license ACO, and if you want to encrypt your SecureFiles LOBs, then you need to license ASO. So, you can go forward in production with SecureFiles LOBs without having to license anything more than the database itself.

-KJ

*Kevin Jernigan* 	(650) 607-0392 (o)
*Senior Director Product Management* 	(415) 710-8828 (m)
kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com <mailto:kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
*Advanced Compression - ACO*: 	*Information Lifecycle Management* - ILM
   Advanced Row Compression 	*Temporal database* (Total Recall etc)
   Advanced LOB Compression 	*SecureFiles*
   Advanced LOB Deduplication 	*Database File System* - DBFS
   RMAN Backup Compression 	*Direct NFS Client* - dNFS
   Data Pump Export Compression 	*CloneDB*
   Data Guard Redo Network Transport Compression 	*Database Resource
Manager* - DBRM
   Flashback Data Archive History Table Optimization 	*Continuous Query
Notification* - CQN
*Hybrid Columnar Compression* - HCC 	*Index Organized Tables* - IOT
*Database Smart Flash Cache* 	*OISP*