RE: How to know the stats is corrupted

From: <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 08:25:26 -0600

One of the problems of moving from analyze to dbms_stats in 9i was that analyze table by default also analyzed the indexes. dbms_stats.gather_table_stats did not ( by default ). If you didn't pay attention to that fact you ended up with fresh table and column statistics but old index statistics from the last analyze - or no index statistics at all. Conflicting information from table and index statistics can lead to a plethora of problems for the optimizer.

On Wed, 1 May 2013 14:07:43 +0000, "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2_at_hp.com> wrote: When we were on 9.2.x we got better results using analyze than we did using dbms_stats. I would use one of the other based on which produces the best overall results for your environment.

--
Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation