Re: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:19:09 +0200

Larry,
sql*net from client can also point to processing or think time on the client / application server and not only time spend on the network.

One of the problems I have seen with lobs is that they are always returned row by row instead of returning an array of them causing the network latency to play a very important role. Also I have noticed that some connection libraries (odbc if I recall correctly) will first retrieve the length of the lob before retrieving the actual data (adding another roundtrip to it).

regards,

--
Freek D'Hooge
Uptime