Re: How to know the stats is corrupted

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

Since you haven't posted any Oracle version information it's difficult to answer such a question.  As stated in other responses I doubt that the statistics are actually 'corrupt'; I would expect them to possibly be stale or gathered incorrectly for the data.  There are known issues with statistics in some versions of  Oracle  however until we know which release you're using we can't consider those anamolies.
Please post the Oracle version you're using, some fairly specific information on what performance issues arise from time to time and possibly some samples of the gathered statistics.  From that information we can provide better assistance to  you. David Fitzjarrell

From: K R <kp0773_at_gmail.com>
To: "Oracle-L_at_freelists.org" <Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:15 AM
Subject: How to know the stats is corrupted

Hi,
At times  when the performance goes slow  some of DBA in our team says that the stats get corrupted . asking how do you determine dont bring any good explanation.

Anyone please throw some insights on it .

thanks
Kart

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 30 2013 - 15:27:11 CEST

Original text of this message