Re: Hugepages question with multiple instances on 1 host

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:27:52 +1000

Careful as well with the differences between Linux and Unix. Before 11r2, you can use LOCK_SGA=true to make an instance use largepages/hugepages if they are configured. Set it fo false and it won't use them. That's in Un*x. Not sure what the situation is with Linux.
IIRC, the term "largepages is used in Un*x and "hugepages" is the terminology used in Linux. Bottom line: they are one and the same, it's just that the Linux folks like to make themselves sound bigger... As well, the parameter Alex mentioned might be undocumented. It certainly is not in the 11gr2 doco.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto