Switch to image copy and current_scn?

From: Chen Zhou <oracle.unknowns_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:48:30 -0700

Hi,
I would like to verify our backup strategy, which uses incrementally updated image copies. So in my test I plan to switch the database to its image copy, then recover database and open it. However I am not sure what is the most convincing evidence that the image copy is the same as the original database. I thought of using scn, however, it seems when the database is mounted, but not opened, the scn stays as 0. As soon as the database is switched over to its copy, recovered and opened, its current_scn starts to grow.
So what is a most convincing way to show that the image copy is at the same point as the old database?
Thanks,
Chen