RE: Index selectivity versus clustering factor

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:55:28 -0500

Sorry, you misunderstood. Not talking about statistics on SYS/SYSTEM tables. Talking about SYSTEM STATISTICS (statistics about the server - CPU speed, IO transfer speed, seek times).

These are gathered through DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS:

Read more here (hat tip to Karen Morton if she's reading this!): http://karenmorton.blogspot.com/2008/06/optimizer-noworkload-statistics.html

Chris