Question - any parameter or hint to FORCE Physical Read (bypass buffer cache)

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:57:52 -0500

I don't want to flush the buffer cache but need to verify disk IO speeds on 3 servers in my rac cluster. According to DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT, the elapsed times for some queries are significantly slower on one of the 3 nodes. I've done a cursory glance at slob and it seems a bit complicated for what I want to do here *if* there is an option to force physical reads and bypass the buffer cache.

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA
Parallon IT&S