Re: OT - tablet or e-reader for reading manuals / course books

From: Dennis Williams <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:51:28 -0500

I have no complaints about the Kindle Paperwhite display of sufficient text to read easily if you are just reading the text. You can make the font greater or smaller. As I get older, I seem to keep making the text bigger. If you get a bigger tablet, then it will be more cumbersome to lug around. The smaller tablets are easy to tuck in a coat pocket, etc. Also if someone filches your $80 eReader, the loss isn't as painful as a $600 unit.   For reading multiple documents simultaneously, flipping back and forth, none of these compare to a dual-monitor desktop setup or just a plain printed copy.