user_flashback_archive does not contain any information

From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:17:59 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve flashback archive information from my database, but it seems that USER_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE is not populated correctly:

There is no row in USER_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE but there is one in DBA_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE for the current user:

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Mon Apr 22 14:06:42 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> create table foo

   2 (
   3 id number(22,0) not null
   4 );

Table created.

SQL> create flashback archive foo_archive

   2     tablespace users
   3     retention 2 year;

Flashback archive created.

SQL> alter table foo

   2 flashback archive foo_archive;

Table altered.

SQL> select flashback_archive_name

   2 from user_flashback_archive;

no rows selected

SQL> select flashback_archive_name

   2 from dba_flashback_archive
   3 where owner_name = user;

FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE_NAME

FOO_ARCHIVE SQL> I can reproduce this on 11.2.0.3 running on CentOS or Windows7

The table does show up in USER_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE_TABLES though. But as I want to find details about the archive as well (especially the retention period), I would need the information from USER_FLASHBACK_ARCHIVE.

The user that should eventually retrieve the archive information does not have select privileges on the DBA_xxx views, so using dba_flashback_archive is not really an option right now.

Any ideas? I did not find anything on metalink.

Regards
Thomas

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 22 2013 - 14:17:59 CEST