Re: Database Migration to new Platform

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

Alan
Never used the GG and so can you please provide some high level steps and if you can have some estimate timeline as then can ask for management budget. I also found currently that as good option as tried Streams plan but based on my previuous streams experience, I don;t think this will work due to high transaction on Source and keeping large database size in mind. But if someone has tried and can share is what I am looking.

Thanks to all for providing their feedback

Sanjay

 From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com> To: steve.harville_at_gmail.com
Cc: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>; "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: Database Migration to new Platform

I would add GG replication to this to syncronize them and reduce downtime. However, export/import of a 7TB database should take a couple of days... so proper undo sizing is essential.

Alan.-

--

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l