RE: Database Migration to new Platform

From: Lange, Kevin G <kevin.lange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:39:03 +0000

Does the "Endian" value of the OS mater if the database storage is actually on an external Netapp or Hitachi file system ? I have been meaning to ask this question out here for a couple weeks now.

Kevin

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Raman Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 2:25 PM
To: gajav_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Gaja
For TTS, doesnt the endianness of the platforms come into account? Linux is Little endian and Solaris is big endian. I thought they would not be compatible for TTS.

Ram