Re: Eclipse for SQL development in place of Toad

From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:53:03 +0200

Lukas Lehner, 15.04.2013 18:44:
> Does anybody use Eclipse for SQL (Oracle) development? I love Open
> Source, but use at the moment Toad.
>
> Any review of Eclipse for SQL developers?
> I don't wish to switch to other closed Source tool (SQL Developer). If
> I switch, prefer Open Source.

If your primary task is running SQL (rather than programming and debugging PL/SQL) you might want to have a look at SQL Workbench/J:

http://www.sql-workbench.net

It is a multi-DBMS tool, but works well with Oracle. It's Open Source (Apache License) and Java/JDBC based.

Full disclosure: I am the maintainer of the project.

Regards
Thomas