Re: Web Based SQLPLUS/SQL Developer like tool

From: Rick Weiss <rweiss_at_safmt.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:17:25 -0600

One fact that some of use have to deal with is the current government security requirements don't allow Application Express to reside in a secured db instance - more challenges, I am currently trying to resurrect all my old Oracle 7 monitoring scripts to run as CRON jobs for database health checks - unless someone familiar with the STIGS enforced environment knows of an acceptable tool????
*Richard W Weiss*
Oracle DBA

Student Assistance Foundation
2500 Broadway
Helena, MT 59601
(406) 495-7356 Office
(406) 438-7007 Cell
rweiss_at_safmt.org

 *The best way to predict your future is to create it.* -- *A<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/c_s_lewis.html> nonymous*

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 11:33 AM, Dba DBA wrote:
> > I will never, ever get access to that nor will I be able to install a
> stand
> > alone version of it. Operations and development are run by 2 different
> > companies.
> >
> >> Please consider the Enterprise Manager DB Console or Grid Control, with
> >> it's integrated SQL Worksheet.
>
> I know that is the case with a number of organizations. Rather stupid
> and narrow-minded, really, especially considering that OEM uses VPD to
> control capabilities, but given the stove pipes frequenntly found,
> almost understandable.
>
> Another option is to use the built-in Application Express.

This email and any files transmitted with may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. This message
may contain confidential information and the contents of this email are
strictly prohibited from being disseminated, distributed, printed or copied.

http://www.safmt.org