Re: data pump

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 08:39:59 +0100

Jo
You should be looking at using either SQL*Loader, or external tables, to load data files (eg comma or tab separated text files) into Oracle. This should be much faster (and more convenient) than generating and using insert statements.

SQL Loader: see
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14072_01/server.112/e10701/ldr_concepts.htm

External Tables:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e16536/et_concepts.htm

Which approach works best will depend on the details of your situation.

Tanti saluti

Nigel