LTOM - Oracle's Lite Onboard Monitor

From: Steve Gardiner <steve.gardiner_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:37:28 -0500

Oracle-l Lister's,

Has anyone used this product? LTOM - Oracle's Lite Onboard Monitor. See MOS 352363.1.   From the Introduction:

The Lite Onboard Monitor (LTOM) is a java program designed as a real-time diagnostic platform for deployment to a customer site. LTOM differs from other support tools, as it is proactive rather than reactive. LTOM provides real-time automatic problem detection and data collection. LTOM runs on the customer's UNIX server, is tightly integrated with the host operating system and provides an integrated solution for detecting and collecting trace files for system performance issues. The ability to detect problems and collect data in real-time will hopefully reduce the amount of time it takes to solve problems and reduce customer downtime.

I'm looking closely at the Automatic Session Tracing. Maybe I would only use it in a QA environment. It would be pretty sweet to just trace a session that exceeds a certain wait time value. Looks like there are many rules and parameters to narrow the selection of session tracing. It can write to memory instead of trace files.

RAC aware. Needs statpack. I like it records OS data also. From Carl Davis, Oracle Center Of Expertise.

I see some internet documents from 2008/9.

I have it installed in my geek lab but I was wondering if I should have my customers use it.

Steve Gardiner

steve.gardiner_at_hotsos.com

Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.