Re: Unwanted SQL Developer inverse connection storming

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 12:10:24 -0400

So that was put in to collect ping times for connections, with the intent at some point of displaying that visually for users.

So you could see what databases were 'far away.'

Obviously that last bit was never implemented, but we could do it for the next release. Any thoughts on whether that would be of use to you or your users?

My thought is that we should collect that on CONNECT time, not for all connections defined in the tool at startup time, as you have noticed.

And since we're getting ready with a new release, now is a good time to address this.

Jeff