RE: DBA Humor (Twisted, sick sort of stuff...)

From: Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:06:22 -0500

"although they still generate undo and associated redo"

I believe Tom Kyte recently mentioned 12c will introduce temporary undo as well. That's what twitter told me anyways.

So yup, I can see how you can generate much more undo and redo than you hold in live data - especially in a test or dev environment that doesn't use flashback database to reset things.

/Hans

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 29 2013 - 16:06:22 CET

Original text of this message