Re: trying to run ./runinstaller for hpux

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:28:14 -0600

On 26/03/2013 10:23 PM, Zelli, Brian wrote:
> [...]

Yes.

More accurately, this is done in the X server software that is running on your PC.

In some environment, you would open a local terminal (Xterm) and enter xhost+. Then ssh over to the X client (the machine containing the runInstaller) and point that session back to the X server.

In other cases, you would open a local terminal, enter ssh to the X client with the -X option to automatically open the tunnel back to the local X server.

I have not used Reflection, but if it works with Xwindows, it'll have some variant of this. According to
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/soft-comp/software/downloads/windows/reflectionx/configure.html the 'local terminal' I keep referring to is often putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/) which is what I tend to use myself, if not Cygwin/X and the Cygwin command line.

The key to this whole mess is to realize the PC needs to run the Xserver, and once the Xserver is running you connect to the Oracle host (through ssh or telnet) and point the far end back to the PC using DISPLAY.