RE: DBA Humor (Twisted, sick sort of stuff...)

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:56:13 -0500

On a related note, I had a purchased OLTP app where the most common query did 3 GB of logical reads per execution. The kicker is that the entire database was only about 1 GB. The whole thing sat in memory and the user processes just churned away.

It was going to grow much larger over time (greater than the amount of RAM). Luckily I wasn't around when that day came. :-)

Keith