Re: deadlock

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:36:21 +0200

Question is WHY? Why someone would need to lock the table to select the rows?
Couldn't find that info.
BTW if it is something like trying to simulate queue, then one option would be to use AQ, or manually use "select for update skip locked" clause (documented in 11g, undocumented in a few previous versions).

Gints