Re: oracle install

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:48:47 -0600

Hmmmmm. Not understanding what you mean by 'concatted them together and then unzipped'.

From
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/112010-hpuxsoft-093990.html

Directions

  1. All files are in the .zip format. There is an unzip utility here if you need one.
  2. Download and unzip both files to the same directory.
  3. Installation guides and general Oracle Database 11g documentation are here.
  4. Review the certification matrix for this product here.

Step 2 usually involves running a set of commands like

     mkdir /stage
     unzip -q -d /stage hpux.parisc64_11gR2_database_1of2.zip
     unzip -q -d /stage hpux.parisc64_11gR2_database_2of2.zip
     chown -R oracle:dba /stage/database

"What the hell did you do?" ;-)

\